Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2006

Borat

Yesterday I went to the cinema to see "Borat" and I laughed a lot, though I think it only seems funny in Europe. I was a bit disappointed with the end of the film, because the jokes would apparently evoke disgust, anger and so forth. I liked the scences, where Borat discusses some topics with "decent" people and thus made them say stupid things.
Interesting is that the kazakh village from the film is actual located in Romania, a country which is preparing to enter the EC. Although the film is funny and seems to be politically on the right side, the producers are to blame for betraying the people of the romanian village Glod (see for example the article in Wikipedia).

2 Kommentare:

Blogger jcsahnwaldt meinte...

I think Cohen left out the more controversial stuff... for example Borat's country song or the Jew hunter.

Sonntag, Dezember 03, 2006 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger fuck you meinte...

That would mean he left out the more controversial stuff and put in the more stupid funny stuff instead of the more intelligent funny stuff. That's what I don't like about current comedy.

Sonntag, Dezember 03, 2006 11:02:00 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite